Mönch and Jungfrau – What a view from the Northern Berner Alps
Famous summits of the Berner Alps
maximum participants: 2
Prices: 2 persons Euro 890.-, 1 person Euro 1490.-
Included: Organization, bookings and guiding by a state approved mountain and ski guide.
Medium difficult 4000er. Glacier passages, exposed Firngrate and steep snow flanks alternate with moderately difficult rocks.
Required Skill and Fitness Level
Skill: You should be safe and comfortable on crampons in exposed terrain like snowy, narrow ridges. A few short sections will be as steep as 45 degrees. Efficient and easy rock climbing up to level II or II+.
Fitness: Up to 8 hour climbs per day (see tour itinerary).
Meeting point: Kleine Scheidegg, 3801 Lauterbrunnen, Schweiz
Almost at the “edge” of the Bernese Alps, these two famous 4000ers “grow” into the sky. When arriving from Lauterbrunnen, their north faces seem to crush the viewer, at the Jungfraujoch the two peaks are completely different: the train allows easy accessibility, but they are not “given” to the climber. Wonderful, enjoyable trails lead to the highest points, which require some commitment. What is bestowed on the hard-working climber is the unique panorama from up there.
- Number of participants: Max. 2 per guide.
- Services included: Organization, bookings and guiding by a state approved mountain and ski guide.
- Services excluded: Accommodations, lift tickets, food and transfers.
- Accomodation: Restaurant Bahnhof Scheidegg, Mönchsjochhütte.
- Misc: Insurances (accident, travel cancellation) at customer’s responsibility. Please refer to general terms and conditions.
5 to 6 hours
6 to 7 hours
This might interest you:
Region: Valais, Switzerland
Prices: Euro 1510.-