On Backcountry Skis across the Dauphine
At the Southernmost 4000m Peak of the Alps.
maximum participants: 4
Prices: 3 persons Euro 1130.-, 4 persons Euro 875.-
Included: Tour organization, reservations, guiding by a state approved mountain and ski guide including his expenses. Car and cost sharing for the journey to and from the starting point required.
High Alpine ski crossing, mostly on glaciers. Technically difficult, long climbs and ski runs in absolutely stunning western alpine terrain.
Required Skill and Fitness Level
Skill: You are an excellent skier, your parallel and stem turns are reliable in any snow conditions up to slopes of 40 degrees. You don’t mind switchbacks in heavily exposed terrain. Frequent Carrying of your skis in slopes of 40 degrees with crampons.
Fitness: 5 to 9 hour climbs per day plus 2 to 3 hour ski runs.
Meeting point: La Salle des Alpes, Frankreich
Are there really high mountains? We have been driving south for so long, leaving Turin far behind us and heading the Italian-French border. And there they are: at the summit of the Col de Montgenèvre a mighty granite mountain rises, surrounded by a wreath of limestone mountains. The further we get into it, the higher its flanks, the more bizarre its peaks and glaciers. We follow an ingenious way over steep ravines, lonely valleys, wild glaciers and high peaks – a fantastic ski crossing, which is worth the long journey.
- Number of participants: 3 to 4 max per guide.
- Services included: tour organization, reservations, guiding by a state approved mountain and ski guide including his expenses. Car and cost sharing for the journey to and from the starting point required.
- Services excluded: 1 – 2 hotel accommodations, 4 alpine hut accommodations, food and transfers.
- Accommodation: Hotel in le Monetier-les-Bains, Refuge Chatelleret, Refuge Adele Planchard, Refuge des Ecrins, Refuge Glacier Blanc.
- Misc: Insurances (accident, travel cancellation) at customer’s responsibility. Please refer to general terms and conditions.
bis zu 1800 m
This might interest you:
Prices: 6 persons Euro 310.-, 5 persons Euro 340.-, 4 persons Euro 390.-
Region: Arlberg, Austria
Prices: Daily rate from Euro 430.- up (1 participant) + Euro 50.- for every further participant