Weisshorn – secret Queen oft the Valais Alps
The second highest Swiss “inland peak”.
maximum participants: 1
Prices: Euro 1300.-
Classical difficult tour. Mostly moderately difficult rock (UIAA II-III); few cruxes at UIAA III+/IV-. Rocks can be snow or ice covered. Please be aware of the 4506 m elevation – an acclimatization / training tour prior to this tour is highly recommended.
Required Skill and Fitness Level
Skill: You should be absolutely safe and comfortable on crampons – walking or climbing. A few short sections will be as steep as 45 degrees. Efficient and easy rock climbing up to level III+/IV-.
Fitness: Up to 10 hour climbs per day (see tour itinerary).
Meeting point: 3928 Randa, Schweiz
If beauty and elegance of a mountain have a name, it is Weisshorn. When entering the Matter Tal we hardly notice this skywards reaching three faced pyramid. Only when you reach Randa – this lovely village next to famous Zermatt – you can no longer ignore the stunning white north face reaching up to the 4506 m high summit – Switzerland’s second highest peak completely on Swiss territory. Even when bending your head way back, it is hard to spot the summit, simply because of the enormous elevation difference between the valley and the peak.
- Number of participants: 1 per guide.
- Services included: Organization, bookings and guiding by a state approved mountain and ski guide.
- Services excluded: accommodation and food for the client and the guide.
- Accomodation: Weisshornhütte.
- Misc: Insurances (accident, travel cancellation) at customer’s responsibility. Please refer to general terms and conditions.
4 to 5 hours
12 to 13 hours
This might interest you:
Region: Valais, Switzerland
Prices: Euro 1510.-