King Ortles – cornerstone of the “Engadine Dolomites”
The highest “Spiz” in Tyrol
maximum participants: 3
Prices: 1 person Euro 580.-, 2 persons Euro 345.-, 3 persons Euro 270.-
Classic, medium difficult high tour. Most moderately difficult rocky terrain in UIAA grade II-III; medium steep in ice and snow.
Required Skill and Fitness Level
Skill: Safe walking or climbing with crampons. Short passages (up to 100 m) can be up to 35 degrees steep (depending on the ratio). Fast climbing in the rock area up to the level of difficulty UIAA II + / III- in the ascent and descent.
Fitness: Daily stages up to 8 hours (see tour itinerary).
Meeting point: Sulden, Bozen, Italien
On the way to Sulden you can already see this mountain at Reschensee: a real giant, an incredible mass of gray dolomite rock, snow and ice. The eye of the beholder wanders for some time on his couloirs interspersed, serac-studded and pillar-reinforced flanks, until it has spotted its highest point. One thinks, which way one will probably take to the summit of this, its surrounding satellites by some towering, almost insurmountable giant. The answer is to just try it …
- Number of participants: 1 to max. 3 persons per guide.
- Services included: tour organization, reservations, guiding by a state approved mountain and Ski guide.
- Services excluded: Overnight and half board at the Payer Hut (for actual prices click here).
- Accommodation: Payer hut.
- Misc: Insurances (accident, travel cancellation) at customer’s responsibility. Please refer to general terms and conditions.
1100 m or 800 m (when using the Langenstein Lift)
3,5 hours or 2,5 hours (when using the Langenstein Lift)
This might interest you:
Region: Valais, Switzerland
Prices: Euro 1800.-