Zinalrothorn and Obergabelhorn – two difficult Valais Peaks
Gneiss as hard as steel and climbing in the upper third degree of difficulty.
maximum participants: 1
Prices: Euro 1510.-
Demanding 4000m peaks. Glaciers, exposed snow ridges, medium difficult and partly exposed rock climbing.
Required Skill and Fitness Level
Skill: You should be absolutely safe and comfortable on crampons – walking or climbing including exposed sharp snow ridges. A few short sections will be as steep as 40 degrees. Efficient and easy rock climbing up to level III to III+.
Fitness: Up to 8 hour climbs per day (see tour itinerary).
Meeting point: 3920 Zermatt, Schweiz
They are not the highest 4000m peaks around Zermatt, but for certain they have the most beautiful main routes. Two perfectly shaped mountains, which could not be more differing: the Zinalrothorn with its varied access and the wonderful – easy to grip-climbing sections at the end and the Obergabelhorn, with its demanding and exposed main route, which leads over the Wellenkuppe and the Gratgendarm to the highest point. In a word: two fantastic climbs starting from only one hut.
- Number of participants: 1 to max. 2 per guide (excellent conditions, skill and fitness required).
- Services included: Organization, bookings and guiding by a state approved mountain and ski guide and his expenses.
- Services excluded: accommodation and food.
- Accomodation: Rothornhütte.
- Misc: Insurances (accident, travel cancellation) at customer’s responsibility. Please refer to general terms and conditions.
This might interest you:
Region: Wallis, Switzerland
Prices: 2 persons Euro 3190.-, 1 person Euro 2990.-