In May on Dufourspitze
A crowning finish of the Skitouring season
maximum participants: 2
Prices: 1 person Euro 1190.-, 2 persons Euro 675.-
High Alpine ski crossing, mostly on glaciers. Technically difficult, long climbs and ski runs in absolutely stunning western alpine terrain.
Required Skill and Fitness Level
Skill: You are a good skier, your stem turns are reliable in any snow conditions up to slopes of 35 degrees. You don’t mind switchbacks in exposed terrain. Carrying of your skis in slopes of 40 degrees with crampons.
Fitness: 5 to 9 hour climbs per day plus 2 to 3 hour ski runs.
Meeting point: Zermatt 3920, Schweiz
It’s an ambitious goal to climb the second highest summit of the Alps with Tour skis. Just the access to the Monte Rosa Hut over the Schwarztor (“Black Gate”) leaves a huge Impression. The long climb to the Dufourspitze, which begins early in the second half of the night, requires motivation and perseverance. But when the first sunbeams hit us on the “saddle” and we climb the west ridge like a “stairway to heaven” to its highest point, all the effort is quickly forgotten. And if we reach the 3000 m lower Zermatt with skis on our feet that is still the “speckle” on the i.
- Number of participants: Max. 2 per guide.
- Services included: tour organization, reservations, guiding by a state approved mountain and ski guide including his expenses.
- Services excluded: 1 alpine hut accommodation, food and transfers.
- Accommodations: New Monte Rosa Hut.
- Misc: Insurances (accident, travel cancellation) at customer’s responsibility. Please refer to general terms and conditions.
up to 3000 m
This might interest you:
Prices: 6 persons Euro 310.-, 5 persons Euro 340.-, 4 persons Euro 390.-
Region: Arlberg, Austria
Prices: Daily rate from Euro 430.- up (1 participant) + Euro 50.- for every further participant